1. MAKE SURE YOUR NAILS ARE SUPER CLEAN...your nails have natural oils which make your nail polish chip, to clean your nail go over your nails with nail polish remover even if you dont have any polish on.
2. APPLY A BASE COAT... my favorite is from OPI called start to finish, this helps your nail polish stick to your nails.
3. KEEP IT AT 3-4 THIN COATS... If the polish it too thick it will take too long to dry and will most likely chip due to the thickness.
4. DONT FORGET THE TIP... most people forget to polish the tip of the nail, getting the tip will help cut down on nail chipping.
5. APPLY A TOP COAT... don't forget to apply a clear top coat. This will add shine and act as a shield.
6. KEEP TOP COAT CLOSE BY... applying the top coat every other day will help keep your nails manicured longer.